[Matroska-devel] Can't play some of my MP4 files correctly with Haali Media Splitter

Hiroki Taniura t_chokkou at yahoo.co.jp
Sat Mar 21 18:55:32 CET 2009

Hello,

I have noticed that I can't play some of my MP4 files correctly with Haali Media Splitter.
When I open the files they seems to be okay. However, once I click the stop button, the player does not begin to play even if I click the play button. After seeking the files, the player begins to play again.
When I use the internal MP4 splitter of Media Player Classic HomeCinema, the problem doesn't occur but the delay doesn't take effect.
I have found what is different between playable files and unplayable files. Files with AAC audio of which delay is larger than 43ms are unplayable.

MP4Box -add audio.aac:delay=42 -new audio.mp4  ...OK
MP4Box -add audio.aac:delay=43 -new audio.mp4  ...OK
MP4Box -add audio.aac:delay=44 -new audio.mp4  ...NG
MP4Box -add audio.aac:delay=45 -new audio.mp4  ...NG

and so on...
Please investigate this bug.

Rigards,
Hiroki