[Matroska-devel] Request for to add registry key during installing which will make sure that .mkv files are rendered using DShow in WMP and not format SDK or plugins.

Harsha Kikkeri (CODEC DSP) harshk at microsoft.com
Wed Mar 11 22:40:12 CET 2009

Hi Mike

I got a message from the mail daemon that the message could not be delivered to mike at haali.net. So resending.

Could you set the following registry key during your haali splitter setup?
This will cause .mkv files to be rendered using DShow in WMP and not using format SDK or plugins.

On x86 machine

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\Extensions\.mkv
 Runtime = 7
 Permissions = 15 (0xf)

On x64 machines
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\Extensions\.mkv
Runtime = 7
 Permissions = 15 (0xf)

-Harsha