[Matroska-devel] EAC3, TrueHD and DTS-HD

Ludivine Bain-Thouverez ludivine.bain-thouverez at laposte.net
Sat Oct 18 12:00:07 CEST 2008

Hi,

 I belong to FFDShow-Tryout team, and I recently worked on the integration
of new audio decoders :  DTS-HD, EAC3, Dolby TrueHD/MLP and it works.

Here is the status :

-        Dolby TrueHD/MLP : works in m2ts files with MediaPlayer Classic
internal splitter only. It does not work with Haali media splitter

-        EAC3 : works with Haali's splitter but it is detected as AC3 by the
splitter. It would be great to have a separate submedia guid

-        DTS-HD : works with Haali's splitter but same problem, detected as
DTS. It would be better to have a separate media guid

-        It would be great also that evo files are splitted correctly with
the previous audio formats supported

Thank you for the hard work

Regards,

Damien BT (albain from FFDShow-Tryout)