[Matroska-devel] Enforcing 32-bit alignment of dwSequenceHeader in MPEG2VIDEOINFO Structure

Tom Altamer tom.altamer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 05:32:48 CEST 2008

Hello,

  I am using Haali splitter to source compressed video data to our Video
Decoder card. The driver for the card is an AVStream mini-driver which will
appear as Directshow decoder through KSProxy. I have observed that whenever
Haali splitter gives a sequence header, the size of which is not a multiple
of 4 byte the KSProxy refuses to establish connection. I have seen similar
problem in MP4 Splitter of Media Player Classic but it was resolved when we
fixed to give a sequence header size of 4 byte multiple by zero padding. The
DirectShow documentation states sequence header should have 32-bit
alignment.

  It was a very easy fix in MP4 splitter but unfortunately I could not do
the same with Haali splitter (no source code available). I was wondering
that whether we can have a release of Haali Splitter with this fix which
would make it work with hardware video accelerators using KSProxy.

Thanks
Tom