[Matroska-devel] Codec ID namespace and adding a new one

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 27 14:18:23 CET 2008

Hi,

> Sending a mail to this list is probably the best way to make it public.
> We can add it on matroska.org and Haali can add it to his own page.
> Matroska.org being the reference anyway.

OK, then the ID is "S_KATE", as mentioned, and used for the Kate text
codec, described at http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/OggKate.

I'll add there a section about the Matroska embedding (essentially the
same as Theora, all headers xiph-laced together in the private data).

> Given the S_KATE name, I assume it's a subtitle codec ? Otherwise for
> audio it should start with A_ and for video with V_.

Yes, streamed text, along with other info (style, regions, etc).

Thanks