[Matroska-devel] Matroska fast start

emanuele fumagalli emanuele.fumagalli at babelgum.com
Fri Jan 11 09:09:33 CET 2008

Hi, thanks for answering

> No, there isn't. The integers are encoded using variable length encoding, so
> some values may grow in size after being shifted up. You'd need to reserve some
> space to handle that case or use some iterative process until the cues stop
> growing. You'll also need to adjust SeekHeads if any stuff they point to is moved.
> You could try libebml/libmatroska, but it's not very well documented.

Don't you know if this kind of feature is already implemented in some Matroska multiplexer?
To me it seems it's an important feature, in the future videos will be streamed through the internet. Having all the metadata and Cues at the beginning will avoid jumps on the file.

Are there some steps to follow to implement it starting from an already multiplexed matroska file ?

Thanks