[Matroska-devel] Matroska fast start

emanuele fumagalli emanuele.fumagalli at babelgum.com
Tue Jan 8 16:33:22 CET 2008

Hi all,

Hope this is the right place to ask, otherwise redirect me to the
appropriate forum.

I think it would be good to have a way to multiplex with Matroska
putting all the required information for start playing a clip at the
beginning of the file.

Now the only command line matroska multiplexer (mkvmerge) puts the Cues
Section at the end of the file. This means that it's a little more
complicated to stream it and there's a little overhead.

Is there an easy way to move that section at the beginning?

I just need some tips how to do that, what library to use and some
generic steps to follow to achieve that.

Thanks in advance for any help

Bye

emanuele