[Matroska-devel] LPCM in M2TS issue

A Y _chumbo_ at live.com
Mon Apr 7 16:55:28 CEST 2008

I did confirm that the channel mapping fix is really fixed.  I had two lpcm streams that did not transcode correctly with the previous version and did with the current version.  I don't listen to lpcm directly, I always transcode to ac3 and dts due to my audio limitation, which in this case sounds like may have saved my speakers.  Whew.> To: matroska-devel at lists.matroska.org> From: haalimatrosksa at bluestraw.net> Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 09:54:02 +0000> Subject: [Matroska-devel] LPCM in M2TS issue> > Unfortunately the 'fix' for LPCM channel mapping in M2TS seems to have caused a> major bug - any playback of such LPCM causes some massive static to come from> the rear left channel. It is actually loud enough to blow a speaker (maybe> damage hearing) if the volume is at any normal level, so I would suggest to post> a warning on the download page if possible.> > I am not sure if th channel mapping fix itself works, as I could not listen to> the playback for long enough to test it due to the massive noise coming from> that speaker.> > This was tested on 2 separate m2ts files, and also I heard reports on Doom9 from> other people with same result. I am happy to supply a sample part of an m2ts> file for testing if this would help.> > _______________________________________________> Matroska-devel mailing list> Matroska-devel at lists.matroska.org> http://lists.matroska.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/matroska-devel> Read Matroska-Devel on GMane: http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.multimedia.matroska.devel