[Matroska-devel] LPCM in M2TS issue

Bluestraw haalimatrosksa at bluestraw.net
Sun Apr 6 11:54:02 CEST 2008

Unfortunately the 'fix' for LPCM channel mapping in M2TS seems to have caused a
major bug - any playback of such LPCM causes some massive static to come from
the rear left channel.  It is actually loud enough to blow a speaker (maybe
damage hearing) if the volume is at any normal level, so I would suggest to post
a warning on the download page if possible.

I am not sure if th channel mapping fix itself works, as I could not listen to
the playback for long enough to test it due to the massive noise coming from
that speaker.

This was tested on 2 separate m2ts files, and also I heard reports on Doom9 from
other people with same result.  I am happy to supply a sample part of an m2ts
file for testing if this would help.