[Matroska-devel] Menus support and advanced usage of Matroska in upcoming project

Rui Campos rcampos at fusemail.com
Tue Nov 13 16:56:21 CET 2007

Hi to all,

I'm currently in the process of creating a set of Training DVDs and for
this I would like to use MKV instead of the Standard DVD spec.

In order for this to go forward I really need Menus working. When I say
working I'm expecting interactive menus similar to what can be done in a
Standard DVD.

For this I'm willing to develop a tool that implements the spec defined
for MKV (including Menus, Subtitles, Audio and Video) and allows for easy
visual development of MKV Interactive Packages.

I'm a Java Developer and would base this tool and lib on Java, so you know.

Now, the thing is that I would need a cross-platform Player (VLC would be
a really good choice) that would play these files by the beginning of next
Year, February at max. And for this I mean full Menu support.

Any ideas if this is doable?

Thanks,

-- Rui --