[Matroska-devel] Video/Audio out of sync at evofiles...

Frank Rennekamp frennekamp at netcologne.de
Mon May 14 00:21:05 CEST 2007

...with ffdshow. Please have a look into this: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1002615#post1002615

Original problem:
"When I build a graph with Haali-splitter, VC-1 codec from Microsoft, I have
a fine playback at 24 fps (HD-DVD-rip from my own Discs onto my media,
server, playing *.evo).

When I integrate ffdshow into the chain, re-clock reports not only 30fps,
but audio and video are heavily out of sync. It does not matter if I use
ffdshow as raw-postprocessor or if I use ffdshow as VC-1-decoder as well. As
soon as ffdshow is in the video-chain, video and audio is out of sync
(beta2 release). "

Answer I got today from one of the ffdshow-developers:
"ffdshow video decoder receives timestamps saying 30fps(33ms) from VIDEOINFOHEADER2 and IMediaSample::GetTime.
This is not likely ffdshow's bug. Please report this issue to Haali.
I don't know what trick Microsoft's codec use though."

Heeeeeeelp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Regards

Frank