[Matroska-devel] Free DRM Superdistribution

Andrew Abbass andrew.abbass at gmail.com
Sat May 12 21:35:38 CEST 2007

Hey,

Thanks for your input.

There are other aspects of the system I'd like to see intergrated.

For one, the SML version of this database included the ability for
fan's to resell their unique files, allowing them to take part in the
revenue chain, something normally limited to physical music retailers.

Once the purchase had been made, the tag information was overwritten
in the file to make it unique. When that files gets to a new system,
it contains the unique identifier that links to who ever purchased it
last.

That way if someone resells a purchased piece of media, they can
eventually earn their money back so they ended up getting their music
for free in the first place.

I guess more than anything, if the DRM capabilities are in place, the
abilities that need to be incorporated into this system need to be
defined.

The main push here is to create a system that doesn't take that
percentage for databasing overhead. It's too much to ask. Even if it
was set at pennies per transaction, that's still enough to pay for the
system. (Provided it's an NFP and the excess revenue is donated to
charity at the end of the year.)

Oh... and if you want to send me that zip, feel free.

-Andrew