[Matroska-devel] Free DRM Superdistribution

David Duffy davidnduffy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 11 22:22:22 CEST 2007

You either need to get some response from the developers about how this impacts the format spec., i.e. being allowed to use the existing tags or add new ones, or you need to work inside of the format with your own means of determining whether or not something is encrypted.

I asked about DRM a while ago and it went nowhere.
The developer of mkvmerge was kind enough to at least reply and tell me he wouldn't allow user defined DRM and no decisions had been made on how the existing tags in the spec are even going to be interpreted so until the dev's are willing to discuss it it's a dead issue and the format effectively does not support it despite the presence of tags like "EncryptedBlock".

I can't be bothered to push the issue but if you can get a discussion going I can help you out with your project.
Good luck.