[Matroska-devel] Free DRM Superdistribution

Andrew Abbass andrew.abbass at gmail.com
Fri May 11 18:48:17 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm looking for people interested in building a Not For Profit Free
DRM database that will give independent artists a cookie cutter
solution for selling media over the Internet.

I'd like to build it around the Matroska container system as it's the
only truely cross-platform system that I've found that will allow this
kind of system to exist.

I need coders familiar with DRM, as well as people who're willing to
help draft the digital rights (read as: constitution) aspect of the
DRM system.

The key ideas are ease of use, the ability to export a DRM-Free
version for use on any device, and the ability for fans who've
purchased media to resell their unique DRM'd copies.

The closest system this resembles is the Weedshare network, which
recently closed it's doors.

By building this kind of system in Canada, it's possible to bypass the
patent royalties and create a system where the majority of the revenue
goes into the hands of the artists and the consumers, without a large
percentage going to support the corporation that's maintaining the
database.

Thanks for your time.

-Andrew Abbass
www.newdor.com