[Matroska-devel] Problem to read matroska subtitles with mplayer

Tue May 8 22:20:35 CEST 2007

Chears people,

I have problems reading subtitles with mplayer under linux. I have a
matroska file which I mux to add subtitles. Subtitles seem to be encoded
as utf8 by mmg but mplayer does not display them correctly ("à", "é",
and so on are displayed with a single "_" character, moreover, some
nearby letters disappear). However, using the subtitle file outside of
the matroska file causes subtitles to display correctly.

Do anyone of you know about this ? Could it be a matroska demuxer
problem on the mplayer side ?

Thank you,
best regards
Yann Renard