[Matroska-devel] Re: DMX

Sergey Hakobyan sergey.hakobyan at viragelogic.com
Tue Jan 30 10:02:43 CET 2007

Hi Steve!

Steve Lhomme wrote:
>> I added the code in SVN so that hopefully other people will test it.
>> I also fixed the coremake project that wouldn't work here. Please
>> have a look and see if it works on your side.
>> https://svn.matroska.org/svn/matroska/trunk/DvdMenuXtractor
>> coremake is automatically imported from the "official" repository (on
>> matroska.org until it moves back to coreforge). You'll need to
>> rebuild it from this to make sure you're up to date.
>> I only loaded the app, I didn't try any export and I'm running out of
>> space right now. But I'll give it a try soon.
OK, I'll also checkout and work on SVN version.
>> One of the things that we may change is do 2 exe, one for the
>> command-line and one for the GUI. Dunno if they should both be all
>> static or use a shared DLL. I usually prefer no DLL though.
This should not be a problem to do. You can already specify command-line
arguments, and extraction will run without GUI.
>> Among the things removed I noticed there is base64 that was used for
>> the DVD commands, are you using the Qt code for that ?
I'll check this ASAP.
>> I also noticed the A52 decoder was removed but I think it wasn't used
>> so it's not a big problem.
I remember A52 decoder to be there. Maybe I forgot to copy/move it.
Anyway, I don't remember removing it intentionally, so I'll try to move
it back.
>> On the next steps there's compilation of the SVN on Linux and on OSX
>> (I will work on the OS X as I have added XCode support to coremake
>> this week).
OK, I'll try to comply on Linux as well.
> PS: One of the things that should be fixed is Unicode support in
> libdvdread. Right now CONFIG_UNICODE is disabled in the config.h but
> it should be added ASAP. If anyone tries to use folders with accents
> or other fun things like that the problem will not for correctly. It
> probably involves hacking the code dirent.c to transform 8bit local
> names to wide chars.
Added to TODO list :)

Thanks,
Sergey