[Matroska-devel] Re: DMX

Steve Lhomme slhomme at corecodec.com
Sun Jan 28 17:58:40 CET 2007

Sergey Hakobyan wrote:
> Hi Steve!

Hi Sergey,

> I've finished changing DMX.
> Please review the changes so we could finalize the changes. I've also
> made small modification to coremake VS proj file so it defines
> QT_NO_DEBUG_OUTPUT with QT_NO_DEBUG.

OK, I added the change to the official coremake (in vsproj for now).

> After you review it please let me know, so that we could talk about the
> future of DMX (features/design/coding, etc...)

I added the code in SVN so that hopefully other people will test it. I
also fixed the coremake project that wouldn't work here. Please have a
look and see if it works on your side.

https://svn.matroska.org/svn/matroska/trunk/DvdMenuXtractor

coremake is automatically imported from the "official" repository (on
matroska.org until it moves back to coreforge). You'll need to rebuild
it from this to make sure you're up to date.

I only loaded the app, I didn't try any export and I'm running out of
space right now. But I'll give it a try soon.

One of the things that we may change is do 2 exe, one for the
command-line and one for the GUI. Dunno if they should both be all
static or use a shared DLL. I usually prefer no DLL though.

Among the things removed I noticed there is base64 that was used for the
DVD commands, are you using the Qt code for that ? I also noticed the
A52 decoder was removed but I think it wasn't used so it's not a big
problem.

On the next steps there's compilation of the SVN on Linux and on OSX (I
will work on the OS X as I have added XCode support to coremake this week).

Steve