[Matroska-devel] CodecState and CueCodecState

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Jan 15 21:12:41 CET 2007

Hey,

On Monday 15 January 2007 20:09, Mike Matsnev wrote:

> I think initial seq header should be placed into CodecPrivate like it
> is now.  Additional headers should go to CueCodecState. Also a copy of
> seq header can be left in video stream, this way sequential playback
> should work with existing splitters, and seeking should work with
> newer code.

(the following applies to "--engage use_codec_state")

At the moment mkvmerge ONLY puts sequence headers into CodecState, and
only when they change. mkvmerge also does not handle splitting correctly
yet. I can change mkvmerge to work the way you proposed though, no
problem at all. Your way is easily the the more backwards compatible
way.

Mosu