[Matroska-devel] CodecState and CueCodecState

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Jan 15 19:51:55 CET 2007

Hey,

On Monday 15 January 2007 19:32, Steve Lhomme wrote:

> I'm OK with all that, but doesn't it raise compatibility issues with
> the older files ? Since we expect something in CodecPrivate that is
> not there anymore ?

The idea is that CodecState is only used if the CodecPrivate changes in
time. So far this will only be used for MPEG-1/-2 in which the sequence
headers may change. Of course it destroys compatibility. That's why it
will only be an option that the user has to "--engage" in mkvmerge. A
couple of months later I'll make it the default.

Mosu