[Matroska-devel] Would more StereoMode values be useful or needed?

David Duffy davidnduffy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 8 20:09:19 CET 2007

That is a very interesting idea, I hadn't thought of more than just the two images for left and right eye.
I think that to store 64 different viewpoints and be able to tell what each one is and where it should go would definitely require more detailed fields/values than the current StereoMode supports.
I'm not sure what that would look like, perhaps StereoMode should be a flag of only true/false and another property(ies) for positioning?  Something that could denote simply left/right eye and/or greater precision to get your 64 viewpoints?  Maybe that would require several properties in an optional hierarchy under StereoMode?
What does everyone think?