[Matroska-devel] Haali Media Splitter Thumbnail Bug In Vista

Setsuna Mudou mudou_sets at yahoo.ca
Wed Feb 28 11:20:46 CET 2007

I am not sure if this is Haali Media Splitter's fault, but in Vista, thumbnails handled by the Haali thumbnail handler sometimes just display a blank white picture (same with media center).  This occurs on all Vista computers I have tested on, including a Vista Home Premium Toshiba laptop and an AMD64 Vista Business computer.

This bug seems to occur for all media (mkv, ogm, and avi) which are handled by Haali.  If I switch avi back to the default Vista one, this bug does not occur even though the same ffdshow codecs are being called to generate it, which is what led me to believe this bug is somehow related to Haali's thumbnail filter.

Another interesting note is that older versions of Haali Media Splitter seem to do even weirder things such as generating very blurred thumbnails with random noise (like snow) on top of it sometimes.

Thanks,
Mudou

http://mail.yahoo.com