[Matroska-devel] Using Haali Matroska Muxer

Richard Mason richard at rikware.com
Sat Feb 10 13:49:01 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to add Matroska output to a DirectShow based capture utility
using the Haali Matroska Muxer. The muxer seems to work fine if I connect it
up in GraphEdit with a recorded file, but when I connect it in my app it
creates the file but does not write any data to it.

The setup is fairly standard - I'm creating the filter, using the
IFileSinkFilter interface to set the filename and connecting up some
streams.

Has anybody use the filter programmatically and have any idea what I may be
missing? Is there any extra documentation for using the filter?

A couple of side issues...

The muxer supports the MP4 container as well. Is there an interface that is
capable of setting this output?

I can't find any license information for the Haali suite. I assume it's
available under similar licenses to the rest of the Matroska project. At the
very least I'd just like to confirm that it isn't GPLed so I can use the
filters from non-GPL code.

Thanks, Richard