[Matroska-devel] Which codec list is "current"?

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Wed Oct 25 18:54:17 CEST 2006

David Duffy schrieb:

>On the CodecID page it states that a complete list is available on the CoreCodec forum (for which the link is wrong, the correct link is http://www.corecodec.com/forum/index.php?topic=227.0).
>
>Looking at the forum post there is certainly a longer list and it appears that the list at the top was updated with the recommendations of various replies so is that list the most current/correct or should I stick with what is on the CodecID page (http://www.matroska.org/technical/specs/codecid/index.html)?
>
>Thank-you

The specs on the matroska.org homepage are fully up to date, so the
codec ID list there is complete.
The codec list on the forum comprises some more, like XviD or the like,
because they are stored in VFW compatibility mode 'V_MS/VFW/FOURCC' .
For a developer implementing matroska support into his app, its
irrelevant to add codec specific support for these.

For more delicate questions, either robux4, Mosu or Haali would have to
help you, as i am not a dev myself.

Regards

Christian
matroska project admin