[Matroska-devel] problems compiling, testing, and using libebml and libmatroska...

Greg Handi notarealaccount at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 23:22:02 CEST 2006

--- Steve Lhomme <steve.lhomme at free.fr> wrote:

> Good news, what is the hardware platform like ? For example the CPU.

I can't give anything specific out at the moment but the device is a
personal media player that uses a DSP designed for audio and video
processing.  I know that was really vague, sorry.

> The other libs do less but usually enough for playback, so I suggest
> you should use these instead.

Well, coming from you that is a pretty strong recommendation so I'll
give that a look.  I initially figured that using the official library
would give the best future upgrade path, however, embedded performance
is a concern.

> Don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions. Also read the
> docs/specs about matroska on the website. It's better if you want to
> know what's going on and what "Elements" you need to handle in your
> code.

The only part of the spec that currently confuses/concerns me is the
TimecodeScale Rounding as I fear I either won't have the necessary
precission for these calculations and they will be very slow in
emulation or I'll get them wrong... ;)