[Matroska-devel] mkvmerge append issues

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sun Oct 1 08:27:37 CEST 2006

Hey,

On Saturday 30 September 2006 20:33, ObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:

> If you think of two files with two tracks as follows, here seems to be
> what's happening. Exaggerated.
>
> File1:
> |Video====================|
> |Audio=================   |
>
> File2:
> |Video++++++++++++++++|
> |Audio++++++++++++++  |
>
> Appended file:
> |Video====================++++++++++++++++|
> |Audio=================++++++++++++++     |

That's exactly how mkvmerge works at the moment -- with the exception of
subtitle tracks. Those should already be appended the way you need them
to be.

There's no switch to change that behaviour, but I might add it in the
next two weeks (I'm actually spending some time on mkvmerge again, but
not much).

One problem is that I need test files ;) Your files would be the perfect
test case. So if you like you could upload your two mkvs to my FTP
server: address jaina.no-ip.com, username "upload", password "only".

Regards,
Mosu