[Matroska-devel] Stereoscopic playback

David Duffy davidnduffy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 13 18:12:36 CET 2006

--- Steve Lhomme <steve.lhomme at free.fr> wrote:
> Unfortunately the issue here is not only in matroska. If you seek
> backward the previous frame you're looking for might be a B frame
> that needs 2 P frames to be decoded, themselves needing other frames
> to be decoded. So basically you'd need to go to the previous keyframe
> and cache all the frames in between. That's a lot of data ! So if you
> want to avoid such tricky situations, use only keyframes or very
> little P frames (1 or 2 between keyframes). Then the normal matroska
> seeking will do just fine.

Yes of course, my plan was to just take keyframes, my problem is I
don't understand how to search for them correctly using Mike's library.
 My attempts to use the mkv_Seek method haven't been successful and I
was under the impression from what he said previously that this wasn't
the correct approach anyway since it queues up forward frames which
would constantly be thrown away with each call.
I'm guessing now that maybe I should write some logic to go through the
Cues myself one at a time in reverse from my current timestamp, and
seek and read those block headers, is that correct?  However, what
could/should be done if there are no Cues in the file?
Thank-you :)