[Matroska-devel] Stereoscopic playback

David Duffy davidnduffy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 6 22:07:38 CET 2006

I haven't found tool support for the 3D StereoMode flag (maybe I looked in the wrong places?).
However, I was able to create a dual video stream stereoscopic test file by using mkvmerge to mux the left and right eye video streams into one file and then manually changing the PixelCropBottom field to be StereoMode instead with a hex editor.

Now obviously this isn't a feasible solution for mass producing 3D content so... is there support for it already that I didn't see or are any of the tool developers planning to add support for this in the immediate future?  If not, would a patch be accepted if I can figure out how to modify mkvmerge?  Any help would be appreciated.
Thank-you.