[Matroska-devel] Re: Bringing Matroska to Windows Mobile 5

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Mon Mar 6 14:12:44 CET 2006

Bobby Dranzek / Xeveniah wrote:
> Hi

Hi,

>     I am a bit of programming hobbiest and student. I would Like to try and bring Matroska to the windows mobile 5.0 platform for use with windows media player 10. Im an ok programmer and would love the chance to try and bring it to windows mobile on my own. ive got an ok understanding of Java C and C++
>
> Thanks for your time and I look forward to speaking to you in the future.
>
> Bobby Dranzek / KG4QGK / Xeveniah
> xeveniah at bellsouth.net

Good idea. Although you might be aware that TCPMP
(BetaPlayer/CorePlayer) can already play Matroska content on Windows
Mobile 5.0. I don't know much about WMP10 on this platform, does it use
a system like DirectShow ? Anyway, you can use either
libebml/libmatroska or MatroskaParser used in TCPMP and Haali's
splitter. I recommend the latter choice for embedded systems.

Steve