[Matroska-devel] troubles with H264 video codec

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Wed Jul 26 09:18:26 CEST 2006

Pierre wrote:
> I don't know if you'll have the answear I'll need but I've a trouble
> with all the matroska video encoded with the H264 codec so i'd like to
> know if it's possible to demux a mkv to convert the video in another
> format and to remux the files in a new mkv or simpler if you are able to
> create a filter which correct the framerate of the video to synchronize
> voice and video when we see it

Hi, if the audio and video are out of sync that means the file was not
properly created. You can remux the matroska file and change the video
framerate (you can use a simple timecode file v2 or v3 for that) or add
a delay to the audio track(s). All the options are available through
mkvmerge GUI (MMG).

Steve