[Matroska-devel] Re: Re: Re: Compromise Encryption Proposal

Mike Matsnev mike at po.cs.msu.su
Tue Jan 31 08:35:48 CET 2006

Hello!

As I understand these proposals, they represent a radical departure
from current Matroska syntax. So radical that no current software can
be reused at all for reading and writing encrypted files (even at source
code level). Given this I see no point in putting it in Matroska specs
and calling it Matroska, as we'll end up having two different specs
under the same name. Why not create another ebml based container
with a different name and use that for encrypted content?