[Matroska-devel] Re: Re: Re: Compromise Encryption Proposal

Joseph Ashwood ashwood at msn.com
Tue Jan 31 02:13:59 CET 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Bryson" <paul at msn.com>
Subject: [Matroska-devel] Re: Re: Re: Compromise Encryption Proposal

> The current Matroska signing element allows signing only certain parts.
> You could for instance, sign every cluster individually.  The length of
> time in a cluster can vary to the creator's settings, but typical might be
> 5 seconds.

It does, but I'd like to unify everything under a single heading. This will
simplify things and remove the potential for a problem determining which to
do first. This becomes particularly problematic when you consider that the
different orders actually mean different things cryptographically. Pushing
the ordering data into the codec removes this headache from the
specification. With my recommendation that allows the muxer to determine
whether to sign each part inidividually, or all parts at once, or some
combination of the two.
                        Joe