[Matroska-devel] LibMatroska example question

Armin Müller amueller at itec.uni-klu.ac.at
Wed Jan 25 14:43:01 CET 2006

Hi,

i write a multiplexing module for our multimedia framework at
university.
So i took the example code for multiplexing from the libmatroska
package (Linux).

I have a class-method that does the multiplexing., this is where I call

KaxTracks & MyTracks = GetChild<KaxTracks>(FileSegment); /*
Filesegment is a KaxSegment */

now I need to have the variable MyTracks globally in my class
available, so I have to declare it outside of this function.

I tried:

KaxTracks MyTracks;

&MyTracks = GetChild<KaxTracks>(FileSegment);

I also tried it without ampersand, but I don't understand this syntax.

Can anyone show me how to declare the variable (globally) and then
assign the return value of GetChild?

thanks and regards,
armin