[Matroska-devel] LibMatroska example question

Mike Matsnev mike at po.cs.msu.su
Sun Feb 5 03:10:18 CET 2006

Armin Müller wrote:
> I tried the multiplexer from the x264 project and it is really simple to
> use and integrate. I managed to get the frame and header-writing done,
> but I have still some issues with the codecPrivate data, which is not so
> important at the moment.
>
> One track for muxing is ok, but my question is, if you plan to extend
> the multiplexer to two (or more) tracks. I would need at least one audio
> and one video. Although you have written that it is easy to extend to
> multiple tracks, it is a rather big challenge for me. And I don't want
> to hack some piece of unstable code together when there will be a
> multi-track version in near future.
It depends on who is going to do the interleaving. Writing multiple tracks
is not a big deal, but ordering frames properly is a more complex task.
This is fairly important because matroska requires proper interleaving.

Another possibility is my DShow muxer, this one handles all the multitrack
issues and also writes cues for faster seeking.

--
Mike Matsnev