[Matroska-devel] Re: [Matroska-users] Problem with mkvmerge

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sat Apr 29 19:23:59 CEST 2006

Hi,

(this email is probably for matroska-devel)

salsaman wrote:
> Hi,
> I posted this before, but I have yet to receive a reply.
>

> I am having a problem running mkvmerge:
>
> mkvmerge: symbol lookup error: mkvmerge: undefined symbol:
> _ZN11libmatroska8KaxBlock9SetParentERNS_10KaxClusterE
>
> I am wondering if the problem is in mkvmerge or in libmatroska.
>
> Package versions are:
> mkvmerge from mkvtoolnix-1.5.6-1mdk (Build Date: Wed 07 Sep 2005
> 08:38:22 PM CEST)
> libmatroska from libmatroska0-0.8.0-0.1.101plf (Build Date: Wed 02 Nov
> 2005 01:27:31 PM CET)

What OS are you using ? Mandriva ? If mkvtoolnix is provided by your OS
you'd better use the related libebml & libmatroska. Although, I might be
wrong but, mkvmerge might be using libmatroska and libebml with static
linking.

Anyway, it seems you'd better compile all 3 packages by yourself to
avoid such problems.

The other option is to get precompiled RPMs:
http://bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/downloads.html#mandriva

> You might also be interested to know that the project which I develop,
> LiVES has support for encoding some files in a matroska container. Most
> notably we have had success with x264/vorbis in a matroska container. An
> example produced by one of the other LiVES developers can be found here:
> http://lives.reimeika.ca/cvs/m-apt_03_lo_dle.mkv
> http://lives.reimeika.ca/cvs/m-apt_03_hi.mkv

Sounds good ! I might try it on Ubuntu when I find the time :)

Steve