[Matroska-devel] Please Help!!!

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sun Apr 23 14:29:39 CEST 2006

Devender Parmar schrieb:

> Hi!
> I am currently downloading a torrent which is a mkv anime video. It's
> total size is 395 MB and I have downloaded about 11 MB of it. I have
> download Matroska Full Pack 1.1.2 and The Core Media Player and have
> used the Matroska CDL plugin while using that player. But still it
> doesn't play that partially downloaded mkv file and it shows an error
> that the first element in the file is not EBML and hence it is unable
> to play that file. I have attached the corresponding log file along
> with this E-Mail. Please inform me as soon as you find out anything
> and please reply. I have tried out everything and am TOTALLY
> frustrated. Please Reply!!!

Who told you, that this is possible ? If your downloaded file doesnt
contain the track header at the beginning of your file, it cant work in
no case. If your partial download contains the track header already, you
can try with VLC player 0.8.4 http://videolan.org or mplayer win32.
CoreMediaplayer is DirectShow based, like Windows Mediaplayer, and will
not be able to do that, no way. The CDL doesnt help here either, as this
is a DirectShow limitation.

Christian
matroska project admin