[Matroska-devel] Re: Matroska video blocking problem

Mike Matsnev mike at po.cs.msu.su
Tue Oct 25 11:45:01 CEST 2005

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 02:04:25PM +1000, Andrew Bromwich wrote:
> > It sounds like your file only "indexes" the first video track and not the
> other one.
>
> I do not "index" any of the streams with my code explicitly so does Matroska
> just index the first video stream if this is the case?? I have tried to find
> some examples of how to setup indexing properly using Matroska but i haven't
> had any luck. Would someone be able to post an example or point me in the
> direction of one?
>
> > Maybe you're missing a command-line to do that or it's a bug in the muxing
> program (mkvmerge ?)
>
> I have created a "recording software" that takes multiple video and audio
> streams and puts them into a matroska A/V file. Is this where is indexing
> must be done??
Yes. But my filter does not require an index. I did some testing and
could not reproduce your problem. My guess is you are not writing
keyframe flags properly (references in matroska).

> Also i have noticed that when using GraphEdit to render a file using Haali's
> splitter (using the "Render Media File" option in the File menu) only pins
> for the first video and audio streams are exposed? I havent tried creating
> this graph in code but is this a limitation of the filter??
Yes. Other streams can be selected via tray icon context menu or
programmatically with IAMStreamSelect interface.

/Mike