[Matroska-devel] Re: Matroska video blocking problem

Andrew Bromwich a.bromwich at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 06:04:25 CEST 2005

Hi All,

> It sounds like your file only "indexes" the first video track and not the
other one.

I do not "index" any of the streams with my code explicitly so does Matroska
just index the first video stream if this is the case?? I have tried to find
some examples of how to setup indexing properly using Matroska but i haven't
had any luck. Would someone be able to post an example or point me in the
direction of one?

> Maybe you're missing a command-line to do that or it's a bug in the muxing
program (mkvmerge ?)

I have created a "recording software" that takes multiple video and audio
streams and puts them into a matroska A/V file. Is this where is indexing
must be done??

Also i have noticed that when using GraphEdit to render a file using Haali's
splitter (using the "Render Media File" option in the File menu) only pins
for the first video and audio streams are exposed? I havent tried creating
this graph in code but is this a limitation of the filter??

Thanks,

Andrew