[Matroska-devel] Question

ivanburnin at hushmail.com ivanburnin at hushmail.com
Sun Oct 23 07:28:14 CEST 2005

I haven't seen these in anything yet, but I admit I haven't looked
all that deeply.

I know Matroska is capable of having multiple audio channels, and
multiple video channels. Is there currently any way to create a
scripting mixing board for them (this allows overriding, and can
handle multiple scripts for multiple purposes), as well as
hopefully a 3D sound positioning mechanism (again scriptable).

I'm thinking about something like a Karaoke situation, where
storing both the background only and full audio versions would
require nearly double the space of background only & speex
compressed voice. Alternately a situational performance where for
example in a Jazz combo at may be desirable to bring out the
trumpet, but not lose the original data, allowing a great deal of
flexibility in playback. With a suitable amplification/speaker
environment it would be possible to do a great many very
interesting things with this, and with live recordings the
flexibility could open many more possibilities.

So my question is: Is there a positioning and mixing script
facility available? And assuming there isn't, is there any other
interest in seeing one?

Concerned about your privacy? Instantly send FREE secure email, no account required
http://www.hushmail.com/send?l=480

Secure your website with a Hush SSL certificate from
https://www.hushssl.com?l=485