[Matroska-devel] Re: Difficulties to link libebml with DevCpp

Zen aaa at aaaa.com
Fri Oct 21 10:56:42 CEST 2005

Moritz Bunkus wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On Wednesday 19 October 2005 23:22, Zen wrote:
>
>> The project files are out of date (if you are interested, I can send you
>> updated files),
>
> That would be nice.

I sent to your private adress the files...
But please : is it possible for libebml to stop to have an exception for
WinIOCallback?
At least for the .h file, because all .h are in the same directory,
except ONE, it is always forgot...
For .cpp, maybe a #ifdef _WIN32 for all file would be better than to
have a specific directory...

> Usually linkers care about the order in which you specify the
> libraries. It tries to resolve all unknown symbols from all the
> following libraries and discards all unneeded symbols from the current
> library. So when it reaches Ebml.a the stuff from Matroska.a hasn't been
> found yet, so the linker discards everything from Ebml.a. Next if
> examines Matroska.a and needs all those symbols from Ebml.a, but those
> have already been discarded. The solution should be to swap Ebml.a and
> Matroska.a.

And the result is... Exact!
GCC (MinGW32) is surprising, only EbmlSInteger, not others... I don't
want to know why ;-)