[Matroska-devel] New Pack v1.1.2

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sat Oct 8 11:46:00 CEST 2005

Hi,

We are about to release a new official pack. The main motivation is that
the H264 decoder we are using is too old and it cannot decode some of
the new files floating around. And the pack is supposed to support such
basic files with codecs we support.

I waited a little bit longer after rc2 because I wanted to integrate the
new SimpleBlock and the new header compression method. So that we don't
make files that can't be played by our pack. But it turns out creating
such files in a stable way in mkvmerge may take long and won't be
enabled by default in mkvmerge. So I think it's OK to release the pack
ASAP, as long as Haali is confident with his support for the 2 new
additions.

Apart from that, the pack is ready to go. I'll release a rc3 before
making it public to make sure Haali's new pack has no problem when
installed from the pack.