[Matroska-devel] Re: Compression track 3

Paul Bryson paul at msn.com
Fri Oct 7 22:03:07 CEST 2005

"Steve Lhomme"  wrote
> Hi (again),
>
> Another addition for the coming days in Matroska is the new compression
> feature of each track. The idea is to strip the header of each frame in
> the track, because that header is always the same. It's then readded on
> playback.

As we already have a "compression" feature, perhaps a different term should
be used for this feature to avoid confusion.  Maybe BlockAppend or
BlockStrip? BlockRepeater?  I'm sure someone could come up with a really
good term for this.

I don't know if they are common, but what about stripping the footer also?
Do many codecs use a byte sequence to close their frame?

Paul Bryson