[Matroska-devel] using tags for editions

Vincent nise at newmail.ru
Tue May 10 20:43:13 CEST 2005

instead of:

  Editions
Edition 1
Edition 2

i'd like to see something meaningful in the menu describing these editions -
like the info from the tags that i assigned to them. i am not sure if it's
already working and it's just me doing smth incorrectly or it hasn't been
implemented yet. pls help me to figure it out.

i have two ordered editions in this file, one of them default, and that part
of this project works just fine during playback. to add tags to the editions i
took their uids from mkvmerge xml chapter file and created this test file that
you can see below. in mmg i used it as a global tag file.

now firstly this info is not displayed anywhere during playback. secondly
opening tags tab in matroskaprop i actually do see that info but all of my
entries are mixed up, some are missing and also they don't appear to be
assigned to any uids. and if i try to manually do that in the respective box
on this tab i only get a list of chapter and track uids - edition uids are not
available there. mkvinfo also doesn't display any of my tags under edition
entry items.

so is there a way to make it all work right?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- <!DOCTYPE Tags SYSTEM "matroskatags.dtd"> -->

<Tags>
  <Tag>
    <Targets>
      <EditionUID>2437069876</EditionUID>