[Matroska-devel] Re: Haali's media splitter problem

Vincent nise at newmail.ru
Sat May 7 17:49:03 CEST 2005

cps <cps79 <at> inbox.ru> writes:

> Hi.
> Some time ago Haali's splitter stoped opening *.mkv files. I do not
> know, does this happened after update or not, I haven't save old
> installer, but now I get error message every time I trying to open
> matrosska file in any players, except media player classic (it opens
> file using builtin "low merit" filter). The strange thing is that
> haali's splitter opens avi files witout any problem. I've tested this
> issue with XVID+vorbis files, created in VirtualDubMod, XVID+mp3 file,
> muxed by mkvtoolnix (v1.01) and some other files I've found on my disk
> (there even was one with VP6 video stream). I've tryed to
> uninstall/reinstall splitter several times, few times updated it with
> no result.
> I'm using Athlon XP on Windows XP pro SP2, and I'm decoding almost all
> video and audio formats with ffdshow.

i had exactly the same problem + another issue with switching video streams in
mp4 (in my earlier post). in my case it seemed to be matroska pack 1.03
filters not uninstalling properly thru their uninstaller (filters got deleted
but they still remained in the list of registered filters). i had to reinstall
matroska pack, manually unregister their matroska filters, then uninstall the
pack itself and finally install haali's splitter.