[Matroska-devel] Haali's media splitter problem

cps cps79 at inbox.ru
Wed May 4 21:17:59 CEST 2005

Hi.
Some time ago Haali's splitter stoped opening *.mkv files. I do not
know, does this happened after update or not, I haven't save old
installer, but now I get error message every time I trying to open
matrosska file in any players, except media player classic (it opens
file using builtin "low merit" filter). The strange thing is that
haali's splitter opens avi files witout any problem. I've tested this
issue with XVID+vorbis files, created in VirtualDubMod, XVID+mp3 file,
muxed by mkvtoolnix (v1.01) and some other files I've found on my disk
(there even was one with VP6 video stream). I've tryed to
uninstall/reinstall splitter several times, few times updated it with
no result.
I'm using Athlon XP on Windows XP pro SP2, and I'm decoding almost all
video and audio formats with ffdshow.