[Matroska-devel] Japanese translations

Liisachan Liisachan at faireal.net
Thu Mar 31 19:40:23 CEST 2005

Hi,

> The usual rule : if it ain't broken, don't fix it. This thing is not
> displayed, it's just some server-side code.

Another usual rule: keep out of harm's way. Just because no one
is likely to witness it now, doesn't justify it forever.

It might have been broken already if the translators had been
more sensitive. Isn't this supposed to be an open-source project
where anyone can join anytime? like memory leak, this could be
potentially risky, at least indecent, even tho things may look
like working now, ad hoc.

for the record i warned you: Telling someone from Japan to
add the comment "jap" to his/her work is like asking someone
from Mexico to identify himself as "wetback."

Personally _I_ don't mind, but I can foresee that nothing good
will come out of this when more people from Japan happen to join
you. It may happen if Matroska goes on for a few more years.
Or maybe not.

Liisachan