[Matroska-devel] W3C is considering Binary XML (!)(?)

Age Bosma agebosma at home.nl
Wed Mar 23 23:55:59 CET 2005

Steve Lhomme wrote:

> Thanks Prodoc ! (long time no see)

Aye, I know, don't realy have an excuse though...except the fact that I
fried my mainboard so I had to get me a new one, re-install Windows,
decided to switch to Firefox and Thunderbird instead of Mozilla and
because of this I didn't have an IRC client anymore...if that counts for
an excuse :-D

The other day I came to the conclusion that I seem to be semi-involved
in too many different open source projects without actually doing
anything tangible, not enough to my liking that is... I've been diving
into the C++ maze lately though. I'm a bit fed up with all the PHP,
HTML, CSS and JavaScript stuff I've been doing for the past couple of
years so I desided to dust off my programming "skills" (of you can
actually talk of skills) from the time before that (MSX Basic and
Pascal). This might give me a chance to actually "create" something again.
I'm also looking for a OpenSource project that can be combined with my
education at uni so I can use uni time for the things I realy want to
do, which is helping out with OS projects I find interesting.
I might be rushing thing a bit now but one of my possible plans is to
work on the MusicBrainz tagger. The way they are heading (or trying to)
imo offers an opportunity to implement easy nested tagging. Eventhough
the tagger isn't actually ment for this purpose, tags in formats like
mp3 and ogg will just be stored the way it's being done now, it does (in
a way) create a nested view if the info so if Matroska support is added
this can be used to store the tags nested in just the Matroska container.

*wonders why typing all this because of a small comment*

*...*

*desides to send the mail anyway*

Age