[Matroska-devel] Google Search

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sun Mar 20 11:34:02 CET 2005

Hi,

As you know, it's always hard to find the video you're looking for on
your HD except if you use very long file names and you are very organised.

Google has a desktop search tool that could make it easier to find
videos on your HDD. Apparently there is an open API to add your own file
type. Adding Matroska support there could be a good thing for users, and
for the project in general. So if you have time to look at this it could
be a great thing. Otherwise I'll have a look after I'm done with menu in
VLC, various fixes here and there, a muxer in VLC (and before the editor
we need).

Imagine searching on your system: "video using RealVideo with a 16:9
aspect ratio and smaller than 30 MB" or "Tracks which producer is Trevor
Horn".

http://desktop.google.com/developer.html