[Matroska-devel] MKV DVD structure & player certification?

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sat Mar 19 17:45:47 CET 2005

Steve Lhomme schrieb:

> DigitalRise a écrit :
>
>> For standalone players a content.xml in the main directory should be
>> also
>> available which contains information about the files on the disc.
>> These file
>> can be read from the player to take the right action (autoplay or
>> show the
>> content for selection).
>

> That is a good idea. But then it should not be restricted to Matroska
> (AVI, MP4, MPG, etc).

Back from vacarion !

I guess you 2 are talking of different things. DigitalRise, you have to
be aware that a single MKV file can contain very powerful Metadata about
its content already, so there is really no need to have a separate XML
file to describe the content on it, unless you are planning to have
several different file types ( as Steve said, MKV, MPEG, AVI, MP4, etc.
) on a single disc, and mixed. If you have only MKV files on the DVD,
simply parsing the file will give you all the infos you need already.

Christian
matroska project admin