[Matroska-devel] Re: Profiles v2

Zen aaa at aaaa.com
Mon Mar 14 19:07:49 CET 2005

Steve Lhomme wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just uploaded a draft of hardware profiles that we could use. Any
> comments are welcome, because it's an important part if manufacturers
> consider using Matroska.

DTS : should be able to handle 6.1 or 7.1 streams. 7.1 audio is the
future of audio, even more in computers (see HDA, Intel High Definition
Audio in relpacement of old AC97)

Resolution : specify this is "up to" : what to do of video in 712*572?
Should it be OK with players supporting 720*576? Video should be PAL
(720*576) or NTSC (720*480) with no ratio problems

Are you sure that TTA, WavPack and Flac are necessary? This is not a
mass usage... a lot less than DTS 6.1!!! Will it be used by Industry? I
think not, Industry think to lossly compression...

"DVD Recorders" : name is bad : why not HD player?