[Matroska-devel] Profiles v2

Liisachan Liisachan at faireal.net
Mon Mar 14 15:59:56 CET 2005

Steve Lhomme <steve.lhomme at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just uploaded a draft of hardware profiles that we could use. Any
> comments are welcome, because it's an important part if manufacturers
> consider using Matroska.
>
> http://www.matroska.org/technical/specs/profiles/new_draft.html
>
> RealVideo was left out on purpose. Subs formats could be included too.

I still remember some of you were trying to re-motivate USF devs
in 2003, when (iirc) there was an offer for matroska hw support:
http://lists.matroska.org/pipermail/matroska-devel/2003-October/000972.html

USF would be ideal, but I'm afraid it is not going to come in
time at this rate...or perhaps never.

Realistically, they should support at least SRT, and maybe
S_VOBSUB too. Another possibility is ttxt from mp4 world?

Liisachan